Lump inside a stretch mark

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Lump inside a stretch mark

Hi.  I have a question concerning a lump inside a stretch mark that I am hoping you all can help me with.  After my pregnancy, I developed a lot of stretch marks on my lower abdomen.  That was almost 3 years ago.  They are still there but faded. I have noticed that on one of my stretch marks (closer to the lateral portion of my stomach than middle area) there is a lump.  It is the same color as my stretch marks, soft and not painful.  It is about the size of a quarter and sticks out about 1/4 of an inch.  I do not remember when I first noticed this, but it hass been there for a while.  It does not bother me, but is very unattractive (not that I show off my post pregnancy belly to anyone besides my husband, but still...).  I thought about going to my physician about it, but it seems like no big deal.  Have any of you had one of these or can give some info on what it might be?  Thanks!

Since the lump is painless and non itchy so it can be a sebaceous cyst or a lipoma.

Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.Then antibiotics are needed.

Lipoma skin is a benign tumor of fatty tissue.Usually it is painless and requires no specific treatment as it is self limiting.

In my opinion,this lump should be left as such as both are self limiting.However,if it still bothers you because of its cosmetic appearance,then you can get it evaluated from a dermatologist.surgical excision and liposuction(for lipoma) may be required.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

hello i have the same problem about having lumps in my strechmakrs but the this is i have more then one and they keep coming up so far i have 6 and slowly more come, i try squezzing them but that start hurting and then after a while they get all purple and when u pop it blood comes out .. there is no puss no scab
is that the same thing??
I have the exact same problem. It looks so awful on my skin that I'm getting self conscious.
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers