Lump near a vein in my arm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Lump near a vein in my arm

Hi... I have noticed a small lump on my arm near a vein. I don't think it is movable and I think it is right on top of the vein. It feels round in shape. It doesn't hurt. It almost looks like a light bruise with a very light greenish look on the skin. My husband looked at it and thought it was a blood clot. I looked it up and that didn't seem to fit. A co-worker thought it was a bruise on the vein. I have no idea. I am thinking of just waiting a few weeks to see if it goes away but wanted some feedback in the meantime to rule some things out at least. I am thinking it is either a bruise on the vein and the vein is inflamed, a blood clot maybe or a cyst. I really don't want to go into the doctors office. Could it be a bruise that will just go away?
have you had any needles in that area lately? it could possibly be phlebitis(inflamed vein with or without infection) or a varicose vein.

if it is painful in the area you should be checked, and in my opinion i would have it checked if it is there in a few days with no decrease in size
Hello, I am 14 years old and I have this round-like shape bump on my left elbow.  I had a IV in my left arm and had fluids for a horrible migraine. The size of the bump is maybe a lima bean size. What should I do?  I was diagnosed w/ phlebitis and it feels like more than phlebitis than anything. HELP!!!
Hello, I am 14 years old and I have this round-like shape bump on my left elbow.  I had a IV in my left arm and had fluids for a horrible migraine. The size of the bump is maybe a lima bean size. What should I do?  I was diagnosed w/ phlebitis and it feels like more than phlebitis than anything. HELP!!! I hope yours gets better too.
sorry didn't mean to send it twice...
I am 16 years old and have this bulge on my vein on my leg when i put my legs up the bulge decreases in size and eventually disapears but when i put any weight on my leg the bulge appears agen, it doesnt hurt at all im worried about what it is and is it dangerous what shall i do?
My son had a knot on the inside of his arm about midway from the elbow to the wrist. He had it for years and I kept telling him he needed to have it taken off. Finally, he went to a surgeon. The surgeon thought it was just a small cyst. It moved so it didn't have any roots. When he cut it open, it had roots and had wrapped around his veins. He didn't even have his nurse in there, but my son's wife was, so he had her bringing him things he needed. It turned out to be quite a mess getting it out. It was not malignant, thank the Good Lord. The old saying that "if it will move it doesn't have roots", is not true. You can't always tell the size by feeling it either. I would go to the dr and have him remove it. If it gets bigger removing it could be worse for you.
Hello- I hope you have the answer to my question. I recently noticed on my right hand a bump/lump on top of the vein (almost an inch away from the wrist ) but it's on top of the hand. My left hand is fine, but I have this problem on the right. Not sure what it can be or how dangerous either. Please advise. Thank you!
I have had the same kind of lump as your son, I will now go have it checked out now for sure, it is starting to hurt lately, I have had it for a long time. Thanks for sharing