Dermatology Community
Lump on finger?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lump on finger?

Not sure if this goes under skin growth or not, but on my left ring finger, at the top joint, is a small bluish/purple lump.

It's painless and soft to the touch and doesn't really seem to be growing or moving anywhere. I've also had this for at least a month. I've had warts before and this definitely doesn't seem like one.

My questions is, should I be worried? Also, could it be cancer?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,

Four possibilities are there for this kind of lump.Firstly,it can be a sebaceous cyst.It is a closed sac that is filledwith a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.

Second possibility is of myxoid cyst.It is a growth usually occurring on the finger. These cysts are believed to form from deteriorated tissues.They occur mostly in women.

Third possibility is of granulama annulare.Fourth possibility(rare and serious) is of an aneurysm. I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank