Lump on forehead
OK, my father has this lump that comes up on his forehead every now and then... but its soft. I gets about as big as a nickle and then it goes away completely....Its been going on for about 2 years now. He wears hats 24/7, so were thinking that it ma be a like a swollen sweat gland or something. the man dont like going to the doctor, so if we could get and idea of ma be what it is... Thanks
A trip to your family MD should be able to tell him what it is and get it treated, too. IF your MD can't take care of it, she/he can refer your Dad to a doctor who can.
This lump can be a clogged pore, boil or a small cyst. forehead, face, neck and upper trunk are common sites for sebaceous cysts. A cyst is a swelling which is filled with a soft, whitish brown material that sometimes oozes out onto the skin's surface. This material is called sebum. Treatment includes small surgical opening into the skin and removing the sac (excision biopsy). But recurrence is quite common. I suggest you to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist after examination.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.