Aa
A
A
Close
Lump on head/scalp
I don't even know where to post this question.  Last Thursday, I was brushing my hair, and I noticed a walnut to golfball sized lump on the top left side of my head.  I haven't hit my head.  This doesn't feel sore, unless pressing on it.  It's not red or irritated, and it feels "squishy".  I went to a med clinic today and the physician there is sending me to a dermatologist tomorrow.  She said she didn't know if ice would help, or heat...if I needed antibiotics, or not.  I'm just wondering what this might be, and if anyone here has ever heard of this kind of thing before.  (No joke.)
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but there are a few possibilities that need to be ruled out. These include sebaceous or pilar cysts, swollen lymph nodes or some benign or malignant growth of the scalp. A dermatologist’s evaluation will be the best as physical examination and biopsy skin are required for confirmation of diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources