Lump on head/scalp
I don't even know where to post this question.  Last Thursday, I was brushing my hair, and I noticed a walnut to golfball sized lump on the top left side of my head.  I haven't hit my head.  This doesn't feel sore, unless pressing on it.  It's not red or irritated, and it feels "squishy".  I went to a med clinic today and the physician there is sending me to a dermatologist tomorrow.  She said she didn't know if ice would help, or heat...if I needed antibiotics, or not.  I'm just wondering what this might be, and if anyone here has ever heard of this kind of thing before.  (No joke.)
I cannot confirm anything without examination but there are a few possibilities that need to be ruled out. These include sebaceous or pilar cysts, swollen lymph nodes or some benign or malignant growth of the scalp. A dermatologist’s evaluation will be the best as physical examination and biopsy skin are required for confirmation of diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.