Lump on my penis
Hello. I don't know how concerned I should be with this lump on my penis. I first noticed a smaller lump on the shaft of my penis in March. I didn't think much of it because it seemed to be an ingrown hair. Until a couple of days ago it had a very small hole/cavity at the top of it. Beneath that I could see something black, which I thought was the hair. I left it alone until a couple of weeks ago. I decided to try to pick the hair out with a pin, but I couldn't. A couple of days ago it started getting bigger and redder. Puss started coming out from the top of the hole. It's quite a big lump now, which is sore and bothersome. I'm not sure if this is the result of me picking at it with a pin, which I did sterilize. So, now I'm concerned with it's growth and pain level. Should I see a doctor? What could this possibly be? It now looks like the current picture. ANY feedback would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thank you soooooo much!
UPDATE:
The lump swelling has subsided significantly. It's almost flat now. A lot of puss has come out in the last couple of days. There's still some hardness there. A scab has been left. It's very purple and red now, and a little bit of green. There's some blood that comes out. Is the result of an ingrown hair? Is there something I can put on this to make heal faster? Should I try to pick out the hair, even though I can't see it?
Thank you
Despite the lump settling down it would be prudent to get the blood tests for STD if there is a history of exposure.Primary chancre is a look alike and heals with or with out treatment. While I do bet on a simple folliculitis responding to external application of an antibiotic creme, do bear in mind this remote but distinct entity.
I have gotten tested for HIV, herpes, ghonorhea, syphilis, and chlamydia three months after last sexual exposure. All came back negative. Is more STD testing necessary? Does this look like an STD? I did have HPV that was removed by my doctor around the same time that this lump arose, which was really small and it looked like an ingrown hair. I think my doctor did notice it, and dismissed it as such.

Could you, please, break down the following statement: "While I do bet on a simple folliculitis responding to external application of an antibiotic creme, do bear in mind this remote but distinct entity."

You're saying this looks like "folliculitis" and I should put some antibiotic cream, but it could be something else?

Is primary chancre related to folliculitis? Is one worse than the other?

Update: The scab has gone away. There's still a small semi-hard, red, smooth, lump.

Thank you!!!!!!!
Folliculitis is an infection of hair follicle by common bacteria like staph. Primary chancre is related to syphilis and can disappear without treatment to enter secondary stage. The conversion in blood takes about 3 weeks and results in VDRL positivity.The test is conducted after a possible suspicion after the healing of the wound.
Surely the look of it is of a folliculitis, but then why take a chance?
So, is testing for syphilis enough, or do I have to test specifically for primary chancre. Would primary chancre have started out as a small bump that looks like an ingrown hair, then have taken 5 months to have grown to the size as pictured above?

Thank you again!!
Most unlikely from the duration given . Also you have been tested in between. This is only given as a differential diagnosis for readers not to miss out.Just testing for syphilis is enough for completion sake.You have nothing to worry.
Best wishes.
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis, rash due to friction rub, folliculitis, cyst ,molluscum contagiosum(multiple, small, dome-shaped papules, often with a central depression or plug) or genital warts(caused by HPV infection).

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I seem to have the same problem, but instead of taking months to develop it just happened like days ago.. Actually months ago it happened but it disappeared shortly after.. But in these past, I'd say, 3 days, it has grown to a lump and now has the same cavity with the black thing, and some puss-like thing.. Nothing has come out, except a little blood.. Like tiny bits. I'm a teen, 16, and this is very embarrassing, but it's pretty scary and it's getting me worried, considering that it happened so fast and that I'm not sexually active.. Advice? Suggestions? What it could be? Anything really could help please.. Thank you!
Im 16 to and not sexually active and im experiencing the same thing like you and it is very embarising to but im looking for advice to