Dermatology Expert Forum
Lump on scrotum
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lump on scrotum

I recently discovered a bump on my scrotum while I was in the shower. It started off as a small bump under the skin that felt hard but you couldn't really see it. I tried popping it and did extract a little puss. Since then (about 2 days) it has turned redish. It also flares up (3/4 size of a dime) when I squeeze it but it doesn't seem to contain fluid anymore. It looks "sort of" like a blister which is why herpes is worrying me.. but I have also considered it being a cyst or folliculitis? I have had a similiar lump in almost the same place on the scrotum maybe 5 months ago that went away within a week. Can cysts come and go like that? Also I went back to using the same body wash I previously used when I experienced folliculitis months ago. I am hoping this isn't an std or anything I should be worried about..Thanks doctor
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
It does not sound like herpes or an STD.  it does sound like folliculitis, aggravated perhaps by your squeezing it.  I don't think you have anything to worry about, so I would recommend that you leave it alone.  If it returns again, you should photograph it in case i fades before you see a doctor, but you should then go see one, so you'll know for sure.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
4 Comments
Blank
Also, there was a slight and short- on and off "tingeling" of the scrotum I experienced the same day I got this, I'm not sure if this is relevent at all.
Blank
Quick update doctor if you dont mind -
It's been about 3 days since aquiring this bump and it now looks like it is healing, though it is still is quite visible... however 2 new small, small, red spots have developed that do look more like and ingrown hair of some sort..(theyre not raised)
My question is if the 3 day delay between getting these different looking bumps/spots is a case for or against herpes or folliculitus (folliculitis).
Thanks a lot
Blank
These also have been itching the past couple days very regularly.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker