Lump on shoulder

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Lump on shoulder

I've had a soft lump under the skin on one of my shoulders for about a year now.  It's grown enough to be noticeable now.
It feels as though it maybe could have fluid in it.  It isn't solid.  
There is no pain regardless if touched.

What could this be?
The lump that you are having on the shoulder seems like a sebaceous cyst. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected, then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.