Lump remaining after tick bite?
I was bitten my 4 ticks in Nepal in December, I had them removed in hospital in India and was treated with IV antibiotics for 3 days. Now 6 months later, the bite on my testicles has gone but the area itches sometimes, the bites on my neck and head still have a small lump and itch from time to time, and the bite under my arm has quite a big lump and also itches sometimes. Now that I am back home I went to see a dermatologist who tested me for Lyme disease; the result was negative. He has now taken a probe from the lump under my arm and is having it examined. Any ideas what this could be and why this is still present after 6 months?
This is a granuloma and would respond to ext application of potent steroid like tenovate.
Thanks for the answer.

I saw the doctor today and he said the probe showed an 'infection' (but none in the blood), and put me on Doxyclin for 3 weeks... does this sound right? He also gave me a steroid cream (Fucicort) to apply to the bites...
Good prescription.