Aa
A
A
Close
Lumps around the mouth
Hey, I've got these lumps around my mouth. They started about a year ago in the corner of my mouth but have now spread to other areas a few cms around my mouth. They look almost like a pimple, if I pick them they bleed and grow back. Any ideas?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
These can be due to acne, folliculitis or perioral dermatitis. Perioral dermatitis like acne is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. It mostly effects women and appear around the nose, mouth and eyes. Treatment consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

Please take a second opinion from a dermatologist if the symptoms persist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources