Lumps under my skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Lumps under my skin

I have no clue where to put this, but I need help.

I'm a 19 year old female, I haven't had any medical problems except a couple years ago I had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed. Quite a while ago I discovered a small lump on my neck, the lump cannot be seen, it can only be felt, it does not hurt, and it's maybe the size of a BB. I went to a neck doctor and he said it's normal and sent me on my way, but for months I've been discovering more and more of these BB size lumps under my skin, some of them I can pinch and feel, some are hard and some are softer. Keep in mind these cannot be seen, only felt. I have no clue what these are. It seems like all the time I'm discovering more on my neck or around my shoulder and collar bone, and I don't notice them anywhere else on my body. I'm scared that they will grow in a dangerous spot and restrict blood flow, I don't know what to do, I'm scared that the majority are on my neck, I don't know what this means. I'm afraid because when I went to the doctor, I only discovered one and he connected with with acne (which I have very little of), but I've never had acne on my neck or back, and some of these lumps are on the bottom of my neck, I know it has nothing to do with acne. I'm afraid to go back to the doctor. Keep in mind that all these lumps are the size of a BB or smaller.

Age: 19
Gender: Female
Height: 5'0
Weight: Around 115lbs
And I also take birth control.

This kind of bump can be a swollen lymph node,a sebaceous cyst or a lipoma.

Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes.Treatment is usually cold compresses,over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like acetaminophen or ibuprofen,antibiotics if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess formation.

Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the uppermost part (infundibulum) of a hair follicle and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.Then antibiotics are needed.

Lipoma is a fatty tumor.They  can be painful if they grow and press on nearby nerves.

I feel that you should consult a dermatologist and get these bumps evaluated to find out the confirmatory diagnosis out of these three.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.
Just like you, I also had those bumps in my thigh, jaw and recently in my neck. In my neck, i tried hot compress and it gets smaller... Those found in my thigh and jaw, they stayed there for years now.  They didn't give me pain. The doctors, told me nothing to worry about. I was just told to increase my water intake.

For your peace of mind, better consult an expert on the field.  A dermatologist.  EENT, or any physician who can diagnose you better.

Regards.

Thanks you guys. I don't think they are lymph nodes or cysts, they are way too small and they don't hurt and they don't get bigger or smaller. When I was taking Motrin for an unrelated problem, the lumps didn't change size. They don't seem like they CAN change size, I can pinch them under the skin and they are hard, like tiny hard...pebbles or something, they are very small, I think even smaller than BB's.

I will up my water intake and see if this helps, because I admit, I don't drink much water.
The doctor also told me that it's normal for people to have "BB's" under their skin, but I'm concerned because I have SO many, all over my neck! And I don't know if I'm developing more, or just randomly discovering more (I always check around my skin because I'm paranoid). I'm afraid to go to another doctor :(
I have the same thing but mine have changed in size over the years. I have one that was smaller than a pea and is now the size of a quarter. Mine have begun to rapidly spread and one is very tender.