Dermatology Expert Forum
MALE WITH ITCHY NIPPLES

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

MALE WITH ITCHY NIPPLES
Hello. For the past 3 weeks both my nipples have been dry, itchy, scaly, and when I scratch them they excrete moisture.  I am a 27 yr old male, avg weight, but slightly larger than normal nipples & breasts(always have been that way).  I itched them a lot a few weeks ago, and they were starting to crack.  I have not noticed any pain at all or enlargement.  I do not take any drugs, or supplements.

I use bromine in my spa water and wonder if that can be the problem (never has bothered me before).  The rest of my skin is fine.  I have not used the spa in over 1 1/2 weeks and still they are this way.  I keep putting vaseline on them every morning, but they still have this deep deep itch. PLEASE HELP ME!
OK< I will.

Itchy nipples almost always represent eczema.  Maybe you had this as a child and don't recall.  In any case, try over-the-counter hydrocortisone until you can see a skin specialist, who will most likely prescribe a prescription-strength cortisone.  You'll be clear shortly, and you can use the medication for any recurrences.  The chances that this is allergic reaction to something touching the nipples is very small, and the skin doctor can assess that too.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I started getting a rash from my hot tub suddenly, and if I do not go in the tub the rash goes away, however my nipples get very itchy and have white pimples on them. This comes and goes now, so I try to avoid the hot tub because it seems to make it worse. No dryness or scaling. I doubt its ecszema.