MRSA, Staph, Anitibiotics,

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

MRSA, Staph, Anitibiotics,

My son was hospitalized for a staph infection, MRSA. He spent 3 days on Vancomycin 200 mL/hr.  Then after he was home he was put on Bactrim and Clindamycin every 6 hours for 8 days.  He has been off all meds and returned to school, the infection in his arm looks good but still has small blister like pimples on that same arm they tell me will eventually go away to just use wart medicated band aids on them, that's about 25 band aids He came home a few days ago from school and his hands are all blistered and peeling,  I have also heard of others in the the school that had MRSA.  this whole house was bleached down when all this started. I have a call into his doctor but I have not had a return call we are new to the area new doctor we are using through the hospital. Any advise am I over re acting?  
Tags: infections, MRSA, anitibiotics, staph infection

Peeling and blistered hands are common in MRSA and it may be due to inadequate or recurrent infection. Topical and oral antibiotics are the treatment of choice. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist and get prescribed oral antibiotics also because sometimes topical therapy with antibiotic creams is not sufficient for the treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.