Dermatology Expert Forum
MY PENIS

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

MY PENIS

A bit of an embaressing one, but when I was a big drug addict one of my self destructive obsessions was watching porn and masturbating alot. I would masturbate for such long periods and so hard that I would end up with friction burns on my penis. Scabs would appear and they would generally take around a week to heal. I did this many times and the same friction burns would appear on the same parts of my penis. After a while when the skin healed, it would appear a much darker shade than the rest of the skin on my penis. I now have two distinctive dark brown coloured blotches on my penis. I feel very uncomfortable about it especially because I now have a girlfriend who I'm about to have sex with and am very scared how she'll react.

Are there any creams out there or skin lightening agents that will fade these dark blotches so they blend in with the natural colour of my penis skin?
You can try any cream with 2% hydroquinone.  This is nonprescription.  A doctor can prescribe a higher concentration.

Lightening creams work slowly and partially.  You can tell your girlfriend, if she asks, that the brown patches are just color changes in the skin, and have no significance or contagiousness.  Lots of people have pigment irregularities on the penis and elsewhere that make them self-conscious.  I think the best approach is to try the creams, but just overcome your embarrassment, because spots are just spots, whether they can be removed or not.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Just a side comment I wanna make is that if you masturbate allot and have skin breaks allot, you could get an infection like an STD should a condom break.  It is best to let your skin heal fully (a couple weeks after skin has sealed) and use lubrication to make it easier and lessen friction.

Peace!
ummm...don't even worry about the discolorations.  I've heard (LOL) that they are quite normal.  Don't think twice about being embarrassed about it.

We all have birthmarks...just consider those YOURS!!!
I think that is a good idea of asking questions and not havet o be worried about it...but this is my question.  My partner and I have unprotected sex and we are not seeing anyone else, and she is not that wett, and when i penetrate, my penis ripps, but it hels back on it on.  But 3 weeks ago, it has ripped and there are some black bumps there now, but they are not really bumps, they are not bumpy.  It is hard to explain.  But i was wondering if this in normal for males, and is there something that i could put on that area, because it is on my penis shaft and i am embarrased about it.  And it don't itch or anything, but i just don't want that down in that area.  SO PLEASE HELP ME.
thank you!
A related discussion, my penis was started.