Aa
A
A
Close
Major Itching
So about a month ago, my hand started itching a lot and I had a little bit of a rash.  I went to a couple doctors and one of them finally did a skin scrape and she said I had some fungus on my hand and between my fingers.  She gave me some Oxistat Cream to put on it.  It's been a couple weeks now.  Some of the places got better, but now they are getting worse again.  (I never stopped using the cream. I wanted to make sure it was gone completely first.)  Within the last week my itch has been spreading.  My hands itch, it itches a lot between several fingers, my arms itch, my legs itch, and my neck and a little bit of my face is itching.  I'm trying hard not to scratch but it itches so bad and I can't function.  My little red bumpy itchy rashes are starting to come back.  I don't know what to do anymore.  I'm feeling kind of hopeless about going back to the doctor again.  I really don't want to spend my summer in pants and long sleeve shirts either. Any advice would be appreciated.
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello,
From your symptoms I would like to rule out scabies. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs. Treatment of scabies is specific and hence I sincerely suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get an examination to confirm the diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Comment
Cancel
563773 tn?1374250139
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Blank