Major Lip Swelling after Lidocain (Photo)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

8519796?1352988909
I had a shave biopsy done yesterday for a suspicious looking lesion on my lip (possible SCC or AK).  

Anyway, after the Doctor looked at it, she left the room so the Nurse could get me ready.   The Nurse injected Lidocaine in my lip and after a few minuets, the Doctor came back and did the shave biopsy and I was good to go.

After the shave, they both said that I was swollen and it would persist for an hour.  They gave me an ice pack, I paid my bill, and I was on my way.

When I got in my car, I took a look and realized that the swelling was EXTREME.  I continued to keep the ice pack on intermittently, as to not irritate my lip.

So an hour goes past, and it is worse.  Two hours later and nothing had changed, and it was extremely painful, so I called my doctor, and but they were closed and their after-hour line was dead.  I had my husband run to the pharmacy with a picture to see what the pharmacist recommended, and she was concerned that it was an allergic reaction.  I have no other symptoms that would indicate an allergic reaction, but I still took the Benadryl as a precaution.  

As of this morning, nothing has changed.  I've included a photo, and I just wanted to see if anyone had any input on what is going on?  Can anyone relate to this?

I've had Lidocaine a bunch of times at the Dentist, and have never had this type of reaction before.  And it doesn't seem like the shave biopsy would promote swelling this big.  In fact, I'm pretty sure the swelling is just from the  injected Lidocaine.

I am scared that they may have given me some kind of Lidocaine/Lip Filler Mix on accident, but I think that is paranoia.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!