Major dry scalp and hair loss.
I have been losing a lot of hair since I was 15. I'm 20 now and I am still constantly losing hair.
I have lived most of my life in central america (in the tropics) and 2 years ago, I came to america to study.
My scalp has been drying out more and more. I notice that different environmental factors kind of alter how severe my hair loss or dry scalp is. I.E. going on vacation in England or in Central America.

What can I do to stop my hair from falling and the bad dry scalp? It actually looks like dandruff but I am more than convinced that it is dry scalp.

It may be very difficult to assess your problem without clinical examination. There are many conditions that can result in localized hair loss in females, including girls, such as severe stress, iron deficiency, hypothyroidism , alopecia areata, scarring alopecia, infections like ringworm, folliculitis, piedra, seborrheic dermatitis and folliculitis.

Seborrheic dermatitis presents as dry skin on the scalp, which flakes off (dandruff). It can be treated effectively by using an anti-dandruff dandruff shampoo containing ketoconazole or salicylic acid or selenium sulfide. Folliculitis may cause hair loss and is caused by a virus, fungus, or yeast. Alopecia areata is a genetic condition which causes sudden round patches on the scalp along with inflammation of the roots of the hair follicles. However, the hair follicles are not destroyed and hair growth continues after inflammation subsides.

Since the condition has persisted for years) you should consult a dermatologist who would diagnose and prescribe treatment for you. Sometimes a skin biopsy is conducted to confirm the diagnosis. Treatment options include corticosteroids, antifungal medication, isotretinoin, antibiotics like bacitracin and neomycin or a combination therapy using minoxidil and anthralin.

Do write in if you need more information.
Take care