May have cure for greasy hair spot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

May have cure for greasy hair spot

I found the same oily spot on my head that you are all talking about, so I called my Aunt who is a hair stylist. She told me to use my fingernails to vigorously scratch/rub the area. Then I used Palmolive dish soap to wash the spot because it is a degreaser. I applied it to my wet hair and let it soak for 10 min and then rinsed it. I had to do this twice, but it seemed to work at least for today.

Hope this helps!!!! :)

This discussion is related to suddenly oily hair that won't correct.
THANKYOU SO MUCH. i've beeen struggling with this problem for the past week. i'm 16, and my hair has always been perfectly fine. i wash and condition every single day, and i've never ever had oily hair problems. i tried apple cider vinegar, baby powder, suave clarifying shampoo and almost every other "remedy" and nothing worked. i must say when i saw the palmolive idea i was a bit skeptical, but it totally worked. if only i had found this forum earlier. thankyou so much, i love you!