Dermatology Expert Forum
Melenoma vs.pre- cancer

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Melenoma vs.pre- cancer

I have had a spot removed and it came back Melenom in-situ. I followed with Doctors. I now have a red,purple looking spot on forehead. It is very painful to touch and it looks like when a scab falls off. I saw a doctor and she frooze it(VERY PAINFUL) and after weeks it is still there. I have had this for at least 5 months.  What do you suggest, she spoke of biopsy but I really don't want to have to do that. I am 41 years old Italian <Irish and in summer I do get Tan easily, without burning but in winter I get real light colored.
Ellen:

Melanomas rarely affect the face, and when they do, they don't look anything like what you describe.

On the other hand, if you have a painful red mark for months on your forehead, it may be a less serious form of skin cancer, like a basal or squamous cell.  The only way to tell is a biopsy, which is a very minor affair.  That's the only way you'll know whether it needs surgical removal for cure, or perhaps some medical treatment.  You owe it you your face and yourself to find out.

Good luck.

Dr. R
On my left arm I have a small bump that looks like a pimple but very hard it seems to have gotten bigger but it doesn't hurt me If I touch it just concerns me that it could be cancerous.  I do have a lot of moles but this looks nothing like a mole and has been on my arm going on now 3 or so weeks.
interested if the lesion you refer to is scaling,or other characteristics,changed in appearence,first started out size ect..need more info!
{ also I have a red spot on my arm for a long time
it is flat and it just feels funny it doesnt hurt just concered.