Milia for a 3-year-old?
My daugher, who is 3, has small white bumps on her nose.  Is it Milia?  I often notice blackheads too.  Her doctor recommends benzoil peroxide but it has not addressed the issue.  What is the best way to address this?  She has had it for as long as I can remember.  Could it be something else more serious?

Milia, which is usually mistaken for whiteheads, can appear on people of all ages. They are benign, keratin-filled cysts that can appear just under the epidermis. In children, it often disappears within two to four weeks. This may result from  harsh face washes or from repeated heat stress from hot showering on people with sensitive skins. (ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milia). If it persists, have this evaluated further for proper management.

Take care and do keep us posted.

Was the cause of this ever discovered? My daughter is 21 months old and has the same problem. Tiny white dots on her nose, like clogged pores, but I can't see any openings. Maybe milia? Did you find a solution?