Minerals dead sea

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Minerals dead sea

I was wondering whether using skin products that say that they use minerals from dead sea are of any benefit. In particular facial scrub and moisteriser. Are they effective?

This discussion is related to General Skin Care.
The basic purpose of scrubs is exfoliation of the superficial layers of the skin whether it contains mineral salts or not is not essential. Just keep a check that there should be no contact dermatitis with the cosmetics you use and you can check it by getting a patch testing done by applying a small amt of the cosmetic on the inner aspect of the upper arm or elbow joint. If there is any redness then that cosmetic can cause contact dermatitis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

.