Dermatology Expert Forum
Minor Nipple Piercing Infection
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Minor Nipple Piercing Infection

I seem to have a minor infection in my recent nipple piercing .. increased pain redness, slightly swollen.  Internet friends have advised Neosporin or Betadine.  However, I think these are brand names for Products in the US and I was wondering what the equivalent UK product would be.  Can you help?

Thanks,

Neil.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Neil:

Many red inflammations are not true infections.  In the case of body piercing, ear, nipple, or other, the redness one sees may be just a foreign body reaction, in other words, the body rebelling aginst being pierced.  Unless the ring is stainless steel, it may also represent allergy to nickel in the ring.  My advice is to compress the area for 5-10 minutes teice a day with warm water, then apply a topical antibiotic, just in case.  Chemical names include neomycin or bacitracin.  I don not agree with Mohamed that you ought to seek oral antibiotics or anthistamines, unless your condition does not subside.  If it doesn't, which I doubt, you may need to remove the ring.

Best.

Dr. R
2 Comments
Blank
My dear ,
You Should take systemic antibiotic as velosef 500 mg cap,
                       Antiallergic as zyrtic tab,
                       also topical cream as fucidin cream
                       Betadine =Povidone-iodine
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers