Moist peeling between toes?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Moist peeling between toes?

hi there, I hope I can get some help with this, I currently have something weird going on with my feet.
inbetween my pinky and other toe its peeling, but its huge thick chicnks, and its not dry skin its very moist, like i can roll it into a ball and it wont crumble kind of moist. I do not have any itching sensation, the only thing is the moist peeling, and it really smells, it smells like death, Im not joiing it is horrible, I dont know what it could be and I dont have a doctor in town I just use walk in clinics but I dont trust them since last time i went they gave me a shtty answer to something very serious. could i possibly get some help?? also

i went to the clinic a while ago because i woke up and couldnt move my body, I was breating very fast, heart beat was 2 beats per second, and my eyes were rolling back in my head, oh and my left arm was numb....now...the doctor told me it was a side effect to my sore throat....which happend the next day, this is why i dont go to clinics, i got another opion and the doc said it was a panic attack...but i still think it was a little more serious then that. any ideas?? please help
From the symptoms the toe symptoms look like fungal infection. It is typically transmitted in moist areas where people walk barefoot, such as showers or bathhouses.
Wash your feet daily and then dry thoroughly by pat drying, not rubbing. Keep the area dry and keep a separate towel for yourself. Most forms of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine, and clotrimazole.
You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Undecylenic acid (a castor oil derivative) is a known fungicide and Whitfield’s ointment can also be used for fungal skin infections such as athlete's foot.

The other symptoms that you had sound more like panic attack. It does not look like any sore throat infection. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thank you! I will find out when i go to the doctors next week what is wrong with my feet, and as for the panic attack thing the doctors at the clinic are well....they could care less...i mean i went to 2 of them one said it was because of my sore throat, and the other one said panic attack, i always thought you would never have to get a 3rd doctors oppion. lol.  Thank You for your help I will take a shower and pat my toes... I also dont go barefoot inless im in the shower im always in socks, so i will take my socks off and let em be free for a bit tonight and maybe tomorrow since i have the day off from work. thank you so much and very fast responce thank you !!!

Ash
Hello, this thread is old but I have questions related to it.

I am having similar issues, except to add that it has gotten bad enough in a couple places to expose dark pink, sensitive skin. It doesn't itch, just peeling moist skin.

Is this a specific fungal infection, one related to athlete's foot, or a "general" infection?

Should I worry about it being spread to others in the house via the shower?

Is 1% clotrimazole sufficient?

Is there a difference between the generic store brand, and a name brand like Lotrimin?
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers