Mole Change

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mole Change

I have this mole and it's gotten swollen.. It used to be quite flat on my skin and and over the last month it's gotten inflamed and I was just wandering what it was.  It's got a red/pink colour to the swaollen bit and then a darker colour on top and if you knock it it has a sharp pain and though it's been knocked off.
I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist because you have been noticing changes in the mole. As a rule of the thumb, if you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.