Mole Pain

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mole Pain

I have a mole on my back that is painful. It hurts when my shirt or bra strap rubs against it. When I touch it, I can compare the pain to a bruise. I have a number of moles that I have been keeping track of because of them changing or becoming raised but none of them hurt like this one. Should I be concerned?
Tags: moles, Pain
  • Mole hurts (2 replies):
    Hi, I have this mole on my head and it hurts, and the th...[more]
  • Mole removal (1 replies):
    I recently scratched my mole and it has lightened a lot....[more]
  • moles (1 replies):
    i have a mole and am concerend about it
  • Mole Concerns (1 replies):
    Hello Dr., I have become really concerned about a few...[more]
  • mole on face (1 replies):
    I have a mole on my face that is flaky. It's not like a ...[more]
First check whether it is a mole or a wart,mostly warts get infected.
Melanoma has an irregular border, is asymmetrical,uneven color and increasing in size. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and gte it evaluated.
I hope that helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.
Sounds very similar to what I had.  I had a mole right in the middle of my back where my bra strap would go.  I "assumed" that it was sore because it would get caught on my strap or irritated from the bra.  Well finally went in to have it cosmeticly removed and found out I was a stage III C of melanoma.  I had to have my lymph nodes removed on my right side and chemo.  Horrible experience. I would suggest you get it checked ASAP!!!  Nothing to mess with, and pride nor money (most offices will work with payments on something like this) should stop you from making sure you are safe.  Best of wishes.
You can use a new app called First Derm to anonymously ask a dermatologist about your mole. All you have to do is send a photo and list your symptoms. You will receive a response from a specialist within 24 hours. Its more convenient than going into the dermatologist's office to find out more information.  

here is a promocode for 25% off: ilovemyskin

good luck!