Mole Removal
Please explain my lab report
Irritated lentiginous junctional nevus with architectural disorder and mild cytologic atypia(dysplastic nevus):extending to one lateral margin.

Comment:  Initial and multiple deeper sections were examined.  Sections show lentiginous hyperplasia, epidermal melanocyte atypia with mild nuclear enlargement, bridging of reteridges by junctional nests, and lamellar fibroplasia.

Gross Description:
Received is a formalin filled specimen.  It contains a flat piece of skin measuring 0.4 x 0.3 x 0.1 cm with a central brown macule measuring 0.3 x 0.2 cm.  The specimen is entirely submitted in one cassette.  Due to loss of elastic tension and tissue shrinkage in formalin, the clinical sizes may be larger than those reported here.

My dermatologist wants me to come back in 2 weeks to have more surrounding tissue removed.  He said I had to wait 2 weeks after the first biopsy removal.  Why do I have to have more tissue removed and why the 2 week wait?