Mole came off!?
I have a fair number of small moles, although nothing out of the ordinary. Today, when I was in the shower and the water hit my back, I felt a sharp pinch, as though I'd been bitten. It was in a spot I couldn't see, and when I reached to feel it, it felt like something small was sticking out of my skin. I took a look in the mirror, and (sorry, this is pretty gross) it looked like there had been a pimple or a big blackhead and it was...half out. Ew. Anyway, I messed around with it a bit, trying to rid of it. This just made it bleed. Not a WHOLE lot, but enough. I wiped the blood away, and realized that it was actually a mole, and it was still partially attached (blargh). Well, by this point I was getting grossed right out, so I covered it up with a bandaid and tried to forget about it for the moment. What I don't understand is how it came off. I hadn't been scratching it (that I was aware of, anyway), and it just started to hurt in the shower. Does this make sense? Can moles just, fall off?? Is this something I need to be concerned about?
May be a small wart known as sebororheic keratosis resembling a mole came off.In any case just have a consultation with your doc.
Thanks for commenting, jagesh50! I don't *think* it's a seborrheic keratoses, as I've had one (still do, actually) and it looks very different. Still, it's definitely something to keep in mind. I'm going to wait a day, grit my teeth, and rip off this bandaid. I'll see if it's healing, and if it keeps acting funky, I'll see my Dr. FWIW, it doesn't hurt anymore. Now it's a bit itchy.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be a cutaneous horn,sebaceous cyst or seborrheic keratosis.A mole cnot present as such and if it is a mole then it needs evaluation for a melanoma.

If you notice changes in the mole's color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have moles checked if they bleed, ooze, itch, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.
I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.