Dermatology Expert Forum
Mole growing back?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Mole growing back?

Hi I'm 20 years old, male..Im writing to ask about a mole on the tip of my nose that I'm worried might be growing back..Here's the history..

The mole was not congenital; it was a light tan color (close to flesh color); and very raised and round. I first got the mole removed about 12 years ago by shave excision and it grew back in a year. I then went in again to get it removed about 10-11 years ago. Im pretty sure the surgeon used the same technique of shaving and then cauterizing. After the 2nd removal, the mole did not grow back.. BUT

About 2 years ago I noticed that there was a tiny colorless bump in the same spot the mole used to be that I don't think was there before. The bump wasn't completely round like the mole was..it was just this tiny line that was very slightly raised (you have to look really hard to notice but it's there). The raised thing..whatever it is.. has gone unchanged since I first noticed it 2 years ago. Im wondering..since I'm a worrier..what do you think of this? What are the chances of the thing completely growing back after 11 years?