Mole growing on the back of my head inside the hair.. what is it?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

6506756?1294075062
Hi, ive had this mole on the back on my head inside my hair for quite a long time, since i was 15 yrs i think? i cant really rememeber. I am 28 yrs now. Ive attatched a photo for you to see, im not sure what it is.. i really hope its nothing serious... it looks very... disgusting to me.. makes me upset to know that i have this... can u please tell me what this is? can i get rid of it? pls help...

http://img267.imageshack.us/i/04012011952.jpg/

Thank you!
Tags: moles, Warts
The picture is not very clear but it can be a pilar cyst or seborrheic keratosis which is a benign skin growth. Pilar cysts manifest as smooth, mobile, asymptomatic swellings, often in the scalp. Overlying hair loss may be noted. The definitive treatment is surgical excision of the cyst. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to access the photo, but in general moles can be unpleasant and grow in unwanted places.  Fortunately, they're removable.  I'd encourage you to visit a dermatologist for its removal and biopsy to make sure its not cancerous.  There's two in-office "surgical" methods:

•excision (cutting) followed by stitches and

•excision with cauterization (a tool is used to burn away the mole).

Although laser removal has been tried for moles, it is not usually the method because the laser light doesn't penetrate deeply enough.  Typically, the dermatologist may choose excision with or without stitches, depending on the depth of the mole and the type of cosmetic outcome desired.  

I've hand a handful of moles removed and all were performed safely at a dermatologists office and practically painless.  It takes a few days for the skin to scab and heal on its own.  I've typically applied neosporin to avoid getting scars.

i have noticed alot of small moles growing on my head and i am  78yrs old, my daughter has also has  the same but she is only 47 years old, help what is it and can i remove them all, also can  they cause hair loss?
I notice my son, has a redish orange color circle, mark on his head almost llike a dry blood, but it's not dark, it don't hurt or itch. what can it be... or should, I take him to his Dr. to have her look at it.