Mole has a blackhead in it?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mole has a blackhead in it?

I have a mole on my back that has been there for as long as I can remember. It is slightly elevated and has undefined boundaries, but is smaller than a pencil eraser. Because it is on my back I don't see it much, but as far as I know, it has never really changed.

The other day I noticed it seemed to be more elevated and hard than usual. I knew it was a mole, not acne, but it really reminded me of the feeling of a large blocked pore (big blackhead) just for kicks I thought I would squeeze the skin around it to see what happened.

Well, a big blackhead came out of the middle of it! The stuff just looked exactly like the solid stuff in a blackhead that's been hanging out for a while. Dark on top but a yellowish white column.

Afterward, there was a light spot right in the middle of the mole, where the blackhead had been. I figured this was the open pore and might go away (close) in time, but it always seems to have a light spot in the middle. I waited about a week and a half before seeing what would happen if I squeezed again. Today, it again looked like some blackhead stuff came out (not nearly as much).

I get a few re-occuring blackheads in other places of my body, and I really want to just ignore it as such, but I googled like crazy and I couldn't find anything like this. Other people seem to be mistaking blackheads for moles, or they had a different kind of deep acne under their mole.

Nobody seems to have what has clearly been a mole their entire life develop a large blackhead right in the middle of it (the way some moles will grow a hair).

Here's my concern. Maybe moles are not supposed to get blackheads. Moles with pus on them are supposed to be symptomatic of cancer. I thought that would look more like liquid pus oozing out of it. But what if my mole is building pus inside of itself and it's looking like a blackhead when I squeeze it out??

Has anyone ever heard of a definite lifelong MOLE, one day developing a definite large BLACKHEAD in the middle of it? Or does this sound like it might be a cancer risk?

Thanks!
From the symptoms it looks like a sebaceous cyst rather than a mole. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin. They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

To confirm whether it is a mole or a sebaceous cyst, you have to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Just wanted to say that I also have this problem that appear recently, with mole on my face squeezed just a little bit with very little pressure yet it was still enough pressure to cause that stuff you see come out of blackheads, but several times!!! 4 or 5 blackhead tails swirling out, which is strange since the mole is the size the TIP of a pencil (not the eraser end, the led end) the kind if you don't sharpen the pencil for a while. Anyways, this is really strange!! why is there practically no information online, or even stories of others with this problem? because its normal or because its extremely abnormal? What ended up happening with the cuz who wrote this question? Is he ok? was it a cyst? MY mole started to change colour, size, its now elevated and hard and with a lot of bright light and a magnifying mirror you can see the 4 or 5 little holes that get clogged up :/ :( :S
Is it normal for a black head to come out of a mole
It happens to me a lot. I have a small mole on my face only slight rised. But quiet frently I get a black head in it. Not totally centered, more to the left but still completely on it. I guess moles can still have pores.
I have a dark spot under my side burn, looks like a mole but after a week it can be squeezed like a blackhead with the white stuff coming out. It seems to take a week to fill. Maybe the pore is so big that dirt and sweat fills it up. I wish i could get rid of it, even if it leaves a nice big scar.