Mole has starting hurting and is changing shape
I have had a rather large mole on my face since I was a little girl. The doctors have always told me it was fine to just make sure I watched it. I had another mole remove about a year ago and it was "pre" cancerous. Now the mole on my face has started to hurt, its sore to the touch and it has started hurting slightly even when I don't touch it. It has always just been a plain round raised mole about the size of a pencil eraser but now it is spreading just a little around the edges and is also becoming flaky along with the soreness. I am planning on going to the doctor about this, but it is a 3 days weekend and I'm a little worried. What do you think?
Any time a mole changes shape, size, or appearance, and expecially if it becomes sore or hurting, you need to go to the dr as soon as you can. If you are very worried and think you should see a dr before the holiday is over you can go to the ER or speak with the dr on call for your dr. When they remove that mole, if you have any others, I would go ahead and have them removed also. Then you won't have to worry about them any more. Wish you the best.

A normal mole is solid tan, brown, dark brown or flesh colored with well-defined edges. It is usually smaller than 1/4 inch in diameter and has a round or oval shape or flat or dome-like. Any change in a mole that you have or the appearance of a new mole should be watched carefully and brought to the attention of your family doctor.

It is important to know the ABCDE rule of skin cancer: A for asymmetry, B for border, C for color, D for diameter and E for elevation. You can read more about thisthroug hthis link: http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/cancer/risk/159.html

It is best that you inform your doctor about this for further evaluation and management. Take care and keep us posted.