Mole irregular?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mole irregular?

5749321?1275522819
I've had this growth since I was little on the back of my neck under my hair. I haven't paid attention to it for a while but recently (I am now 25) felt it, and it felt more raised then I remember. I'd never seen it myself before, so thought it was just a regular beauty mark or mole. So I had my boyfriend take a picture so I could see. Can anyone tell me if this looks like something I should really get checked out, or is it just a normal mole? It doesn't hurt in any way. Just being more raised then I remember is worrying me. Any help is gratefully appreciated.
  • mole (1 replies):
    I had a white mole which i am due have removed. It recen...[more]
  • dermatology (1 replies):
    red mole that itches alot
  • moles (1 replies):
    i have a mole and am concerend about it
  • mole (3 replies):
    i have a mole that was dark brown and is now lighter wit...[more]
  • skin cancer? (1 replies):
    Hi- I am an 18 year old male and I have noticed a mole a...[more]
I was always told that if it changes color then you really have to worry, but if there isn't a financial issue for you I would get it checked out anyway. Better safe than sorry.

Hope that helps
Thanks. Finance is a little bit of the issue, but if there is something to worry about then I'd rather know to have it checked out. Anyone else have any input to add?
Since the mole has chaged in shape, hence I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist for a melanoma. For any mole, if you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.