Mole on Penis?
Dear Dr.

I am a 34 year old male who had genital warts 9 years ago.

About a year ago I noticed a dark brown flat mole on the shaft on my penis located on the skin (on the circumsized side) about an inch below the rim. I never noticed it before as it hides in the folds of the skin. I can't say for sure it was never there before but I would assume I would have noticed it. It is 2cm I believe.

Just this past week I was at the dermatologist for normal skin stuff when I mentioned it to the Dr. He said lets keep an eye on it. It could be ...I am not sure what he said but he said that it was a mark related to hpv that was cancerous.

I was a bit nervous after hearing the news and I just took the appointment in stride and left with his plan of coming back in three months to see if there was any change. He did not seem as nervous or concerned as I and said that if this is the cancer spot they will just freeze it off and it will be gone.

After I actually left and had time to reflect and speak with my wife about my appointment I kind of got a bit uncomfortable. My wife will relay this info. to her obgyn but on my end:

Shouldn’t my doctor have done a scrape biopsy if he wasn't sure?

If this is in fact a type of skin cancer related to hpv what is in store for my future health. Other genital cancers, a spreading of cancer?

Thanks,

Negi

Sorry. Not cm. I think mm.