Mole on back of head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mole on back of head

I have a mole on the back of my head that is about the size of a nickel, and I have had it my entire life. It has never really changed color or appearance, etc.  I am wondering what my options are for removal. You can see the mole through my hair and I think I want it removed now. The only reason I have yet to go about this is because I worry my hair wont grow back in that spot. Do I have any options here?
There are many procedures of mole removal like by shave or deep elliptical excision, excision with cauterization (a tool is used to burn away the mole) and laser removal. Your dermatologist may choose excision with or without stitches, depending on the depth of the mole and the type of cosmetic outcome desired. You are usually given local anesthesia before excision and pain killers after these techniques. It may result in scarring and hair loss especially excision and cautery.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.