Mole on my head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mole on my head

Help? I have a mole on my head that i had just recently noticed. However the mole seems to make a lump on my head. I was wondering if this was a sign of cancer, brain tumor, ect. It is on the left side of my head right above my forehead. The mole is about the size of a large pea. Sometimes my vision also blanks out but that's only after i use any form of electronics for about 2-3 hrs. I am a 12 yr old asain male if that might help determine anything. I have not seen a dermotogist about this yet however. But I would like to hear anything that you guys might have to say about this. Please respond ASAP for I do not wan't to one day wake up with a big brain tumor or feeling too sick to move. thanks!
From the symptom sit can be a mole or some benign skin growth.
Melanoma has an irregular border, is asymmetrical,uneven color and increasing in size. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.Otherwise it should be left as such.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hey, well i havent seen a doctor yet but just yesterday i accidentally hit my head on a corner of a wall and the mole happend to come off. there is still a tiny part remaining but the skin is healing nicely. I dont know if this is a good or bad thing yet though. should i leave the remaining part of the "mole" there or try and take it off? oh and i remember the size was like an oval like the shape of most scabs. it felt dry like one too...urk...well mabe is is just a scab, could it be? or should i still be worried about something and check a doctor?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It has happened after trauma and so chances of melanoma are less.Melanomas are usually >6 mm in size,with irregular borders ,asymmetrical and dark in color.Melanomas cannot be picked.