Mole removal site infection
I had a mole cut off on Monday. Tuesday night after taking a shower I noticed redness around the site. Wednesday morning yellow stuff was coming out and it was sore so I called the derm and went in. He gave me Bactroban and Zpac. I was told to use the bactroban 3 times a day but also told to keep the wound moist. How is this possible? Also will this clear it up? I have read other things about medicines given and I really have to be careful about what medicines I take because I am breastfeeding. It actually looks worse today. He told me if it doesn't help within 5 days to call back and make another appointment. Any other tips?
Bactroban is an antibiotic and can be applied on the wound. Also get a culture sensitivity done of the yellow discharge/pus coming out of the wound and consult a gynecologist for exact antibiotics prescription which come sensitive to the infectious agent after culture sensitivity. Topical and oral antibiotics are needed.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.