Dermatology Expert Forum
Mole that started itching
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Mole that started itching

Dear Doc,
I have a small lifted mole that started bothering me since yesterday. It is perfectly symetrical, brownish, no changes and I hve had since childhood. There is a little darker tiny spot on the mole, but it had been there forever. The mole is located under my brad strap. Two days ago it started to feel weird, not exactly itching all the time, but when you touch it, it becomes sensitive, like someone is poking a tiny needle. I am completely freaking out, and I will barely make it to my doctor next week. I have brown eyes, my skin never gets red and burned in the sun, and I have no family history of any skin cancer. I am 28 yrs old, and originally from Southeastern europe. Should I look for other symptoms, and is it possible to have an itching mole without being cancerous? Thank you! Your answer is a life saver!
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
When a mole starts to bother you suddenly, that invariably means not cancer but minor trauma.  I'm sure that when you see the doctor, the dark spot--if it's even still there--will be diagnosed as a small scab from the mole's rubbing on your bra.  The needle sensation is also almost certain to be from the rubbing.

Just keep the mole covered so it doesn't run, and don't freak out--just see the doctor for reassurance and you'll be fine!

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
No, the dark spot on the mole had been there forever. I have another larger mole nearby this irritated one that is mixed color of dark and light brown. I have had it for years the same coloration with no problems. Just the smaller one started to feel weird like a needle sensation two days ago. I hope it is not something serious! Reading forums on the net doesn't help at all:(
Blank
A related discussion, Itching mole was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker