Molluscum Contagiosum Autoinoculation Risk?
Hello, I was diagnosed with Molluscum Contagiosum in my genital region a year ago, and quickly took action.  I underwent cryotherapy to rid the lesions, and have been doing monthly check-ups with my dermatologist since.  During my last visit with him, he confirmed that I have been clear of molluscum for more than 6 months, and have nothing to worry about anymore.  HOWEVER, he still suggested not to shave (with a razor) in my genital area.  (I haven't shaved with a razor since original diagnosis to prevent possible autoinoculation)

I'm slightly concerned because today I underwent a heart surgery where they inserted a catheter in my groin area.  To do this, they had to shave in my groin area, including areas where the Molluscum originally appeared, a year ago before treatment.

Should I be worrying about Autoinoculation or the Molluscum Contagiosum coming back due to the shaving?  Or not at all since I've been cured for quite some time now?  It's not too fun laying in this hospital bed thinking about this issue.

Thank you for your time.
-Nessy
Molluscum lesions usually clears within 12-18 months without any treatment. Since you have had the treatment , chances of autoinoculation are less.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor.