Molluscum Contagiosum (MCV) Treatment Questions
I have a small grouping of molluscum contagiosum located in my pubic region.

I've seen my dermatologist twice now, and the appointments were separated by two weeks.  He used liquid nitrogen to freeze the molluscum twice, but with limited results.

This may sound ridiculous but I did some research into MCV and according to wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molluscum_contagiosum, laser treatment is about 95% effective at resolving the lesions.

I have a few questions about this:
- is laser treatment an option?
- will it resolve my molluscum faster than liquid nitrogen or just waiting?
- Is it expensive? and if so, I have Tricare Prime insurance, will that cover the laser treatment?
- Will the laser also resolve the virus?

Thank you!
B
Molluscum contagiosum is a common, benign, self limiting viral infection of the skin. In adults, molluscum infections are often sexually transmitted and can transmit from one site to other skin sites by aoutoinocultaion. Treatment includes physical destruction or manual extrusion of the lesions, cryotherapy, and curettage.

Curettage is one of the best methods of molluscum treatment.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.