Dermatology Community
Mono and rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mono and rash

A few weeks ago, I went to a walk in clinic with symptoms like enlarged lymph glands, fever, and night sweats.  I was told I might be  a sinus infection and was given a RX for amoxicillan.  I took only one pill that night and the next morning got a phone call about the blood tests they had done and sure enough it was mono.  I did not take any more of the amoxicillan after I was told it was mono. I had just started to feel better except a few days ago I had a rash develop on the palms of my hands which spread yesterday to a full body extremely itchy red rash.  Would taking one pill of amoxicillan give me this rash?  What is the best anti itch product to use for this case?  I was just prescribed prednisone  to get rid of the rash, but until it is gone I would love to know of some temporary relief to the pain and awful itchy feeling.  Thanks!