Mosquito bite turned into Rash?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mosquito bite turned into Rash?

4544627?1244515164
I noticed an itchy bump on my back, on the skin right at the fold of my left arm and armpit.  I thought it was a bug bite and ignored it except for the itchiness, it kept itching an I eventually found myself scratching the skin below my armpit level with my breast.  I looked in the mirror and instead of just one "insect bite bump" it has spread and now there are several bumps and my skin is very red in a crescent shape from the initial spot and moving toward my breast.  

I don't think one mosquito bite could spread like that and I have no known food allergies.  I was outside but didn't touch any plants that I know of.  Now, I've stopped scratching it, incase I'm spreading it by touch, but it now has a burning sensation. Yikes!

I haven't applied any deodorant today, I typically use a Crystal Rock deodorant stone or spray.  
Any suggestions on cause or remedy or relief.  I though I might use witch hazel on it, or soap and alcohol if its spreading by oil.  
Okay, so apparently this thing is spreading all over my body.  I noticed that the top of my breast was turning red so I went to wash with soap and water.  Once I removed my top I saw that I had a red spot on my left arm as well.  It was not itchy just bright red.  As I washed I notice some redness on my neck also, and then I noticed it below my breast near the center of my chest. it was not connected to the other spot at all.  

Also even though the other spots were red they weren't bumpy or itchy but , here, five minutes later a welt has appeared on my left red spot and it has become itchy.  What could this be?
Urticarial rashes.Take cap Benadryl or cetizine 1 tab right now.Dont drive your self.If any problem go to hospital.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to hives,sweat dermatitis,dermatitis,contact dermatitis or heat rash.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. You can apply an anti-itch cream or lotion to the affected area. Oral antihistamine, such as Benadryl or Claritin can also be used. You should take a comfortably cool bath and wear smooth-textured cotton clothing.Also apply calamine lotion and mild steroid cream on the itchy rashes.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Thanks. I took an anti histamine, drunk lots of water, washed up with soap and water, and hoses myself down with alcohol.  around 2am this morning after  a couple of embarrassing places started to itch, it eventually subsided.  I'm convinced it was hives. I've never has any skin experiences like this before. Thanks for your reply.
Thanks for the responses.  interestingly enough . . .they are back!

This afternoon I noticed a tingly sensation on my hands, a precurser to itchiness.  Since I'd had my hands in plants today, and not had any reaction since yesterdays meal, I washed my hands thoroughly and hoped that it was not the same thing.  Nothing came of it, so I went about my business.

Today I've only eaten steak, butter, apple, with some sweet spices, Some tea and water.  Nothing in common with the foods I ate the day before except butter.

I went to wash my face and neck, as it was a hot day and I was a bit sticky, and for some reason turned in the mirror and saw an odd wrinkle in my skin on my right side shoulder in the back.   It wasn't red in color or itchy, but looked exactly like the welts I had the day before.  I decided to completely remove my shirt, which was different from the previous shirt, and to my surprise saw a rash of redness on the skin on my chest that makes contact with my bicep.  there were no welts or itchiness yet, but I knew. By the time I called BF and grabbed my camera, the tingly sensation in my hands had returned and welts began to form on the red area, though I hadn't scratched or touched it.  I got another great photo of it developing and am in Awe of my body's reaction to some unknown.  

I will take another antihistamine, but it is intriguing, my activities and food do not match at all the day I first got this.  BF wonders how long it takes contact and reactions from allergies to appear. I have no idea. I've been proud to announce I've had no know allergies my entire 34 year life.  Seems that's about to change.

Oh BTW I haven't been ill, so I don't think this is like from a cold or anything like that. Also even though it is in a place where skin makes contact, only the skin on my chest is affected, not the corresponding skin on my upper arm.
Urticarias many time are idiopathic, meaning cause unknown.But then it will settle for good in a couple of days.
well i am currently 18yrs old an havent seen my doctor yet about this issue..so instead ive decided to try an find out what exactly it is myself.so i have "rashes" on my knee,back,slightly on the thy,hand/fingers,and the lower back...it all started as a itch on my wrist..i scratched the spot and it looked like a misquito bite.Then it spreaded to my hand an back etc.could this be the same thing??
its an elergy remember to drink lots of water and take antihistamine tab. it will get ok in period of 10 hrs
it occurs due to some mosquitos carieng allergetic toung