Mouth Sores

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mouth Sores

I have white sores the don't seem to be going away on my mouth.  I read the questions on the webite that were similar but don't know how to see all the answers.  So my first question is now that I have signed up will I be able to view more answers?  

My sores began not only on my lips but at the same time I got a few little bumps in various places, my hand, tow placed on my lower leg and one on my bottom lip.  All were itchy wounds that would not go away.  Funny enough after taking medication for bronchittus the body sores flattened, stopped itching and finally healed.  the Lip sore flattented and lost it's slivery color.. but IT's BACK and brought it's friends!  Maybe the others were helped by the steriod treatment I was on for that cold for over a month.  Now the bottom lip has lesions & feels burned.. and this is spreading across my bottom lip.  I also have developed a little skin tag inside the opposite side / corner of my mouth in the last couple days.  I have a bit of a scar inside my mouth (which I thought was from sucking my cheek inbetween my teeth over the years - a nasty habit develeped while I sleep) It looks a bit like a white-ish web on the inside of one side of my mouth.  Strangely this mess on my bottom lip seems connected and has similar look.  It feels a little tight lately like a string pulled tight or a web .. just not as elastic as it was.  The bottom left corner of my mouth also has begun to get a twitch almost daily for the last 4 days.  I haved used peroxide to clean the open wound (very small but also very persistant and bothersome) and burts lip balm which isn't helping but for a bit of elasticity.  Oh I did salt water wash today and that felt good.  Maybe it's the trick but I really want to know what others and you say will help this please.  Small but very distracting - this nasty bodily attack!

It's ugly and feels bad and at times seems like it will only get worse.  I have to believe there IS a cure!  Thanks!

This discussion is related to Really Confused and Scared about Lip Sores.
Tags: mouth sore, help, mouth, sores, silver, scar
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers