Mouth "boil"

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mouth "boil"

Good day. There is a hardened body on the inside of my mouth, the side towards my lips. I thought it was a boil from drinking hot substances but I notice it's still there after 2 weeks and it is hard. Do you have suggestions as to what it might be?
Tags: mouth, boils, hard
From the symptoms it sounds like mucocele. It is a rubbery, bubblelike painless swelling. It is usually inside the lower lip, under the tongue or the inside of mouth and caused mainly by biting the lips or trauma during eating of food.

Usually it goes away on its own. But if it does not, then corticosteroid injections and surgical removal by scalpel or laser are done by a dermatologist. It then has to be differentiated from other mucocutaneous lesions also.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.