Mouth problems

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Mouth problems

I start with rashes because about 6 months ago, I developed a rash around my mouth. After my internist couldn't figure out what was wrong, I went to a dermatologist, who prescribed some medication. I went away. About 2 months ago, it returned, and with it, the inside of my mouth seems swollen. The inside of my lips are swollen and it is difficult to smile or open my mouth wide. I developed what the doctor called a canker sore on the inside of my upper lip. Antiviral medication cleared it up, but my mouth is still swollen.My tongue tingles around the edge. A dermatologist tested me for Sjogren's Syndrome and lupus  and the tests came back negative.
For the last couple of winters, my upper lip became numb and stiff in cold weather. My toes and fingers also become numb and stiff in the cold.
Something is causing this. Where can I go to find some answers?
Tags: mouth, hand, Foot
I cannot confirm anything without examination but this bump can be a cold sore due to oral herpes virus. Canker sores are small shallow ulcers that appear in the mouth and often make eating and talking uncomfortable. Unlike canker sores, cold sores are caused by a virus and are extremely contagious. Also, cold sores typically appear outside the mouth – usually, under the nose, around the lips, or under the chin while canker sores occur inside the mouth.

Pain from a canker sore generally lessens in a few days and the sores usually heal without treatment in about a week or two. Avoid spicy or acidic foods during this time.

But if the sores last for more than 3 wks or start spreading then pls consult a dermatologist. In that case herpes simplex I has to be ruled out.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.