Dermatology Community
Multiple Boils
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Multiple Boils

While I was away a few years ago at a type of resort, I caused a staph infection from a dirty tattoo gun.  I didn't realize how bacteria worked and concluded that since I had only used the gun on myself I didn't have to clean it when one time when I had been interrupted and didn't get back to my art work until the next day and it contained the blood from the previous day which had set in a locker over night.  It got so bad everyone thought  I looked like I had died.  Finally I sought medical attention, I was given some basic antibiotics but was told I needed some kind of injection to totally be rid of the infection and that the facility refused to give the shot because they would have to report why to the CDC or something.  Once I returned home I never bothered to do anything because it seemed to be ok and my arm healed but did leave scars though.  It's been a couple of years and I've noticed with time the increase of boils, some actually smell bad when lanced by me to relieve the pain from the pressure and I get them everywhere and they leave scars behind, my inner thighs look like a war zone I'm very embarrassed to say the least.  Anytime I get cut, when I had been pierced (multiple times)  I also get infections.  It's on my mind now because the outbreak is getting out of hand and I am getting headaches everyday, have blurred vision but I'm told my eyesight is 20/40.  I don't like the medical field and have always taken care of myself but I'm starting to wonder you know.