Dermatology Expert Forum
My 18 month old has a rash.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

My 18 month old has a rash.
For about two weeks now My young daughter has had a red ring looking rash that started on the back of her leg and now has spread all over. We took her to a Dermitologist and he thinks it is "Erytheona anulary centrifica". He was not able to give us alot of info on it but simple said that it is rare and will just "go away". I have been looking for more info and was wondering if you could give more insight. Thanks.
Darrin:

Not a whole lot.  There are many red, ringy rashes whose most distinctive features are that they look funny, don't mean much, and go away mostly on their own.  If your dermatologist made this diagnosis, then you really shouldn't worry.  Just keep him posted if there are any changes.  All is very likely to be well.

Best.

Dr. R