My 2.5 yr old has a rash on buttocks and upper thigh

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My son who is 2.5 has a rash on his buttocks that vary in size but are red bumps the are primarily on his left butt cheek, but has 2 bumps on his right cheek.  I also noticed 2 smaller bumps also red on his left thigh.  He has had an upper respiratory infection, viral for three days now.  Is this most likely a viral rash or could it be something mre to be concerned about
Tags: buttocks, upper, thigh, rash, 2.5, yr
From the symptoms it looks like a viral infection. Make your child wear cotton clothes and apply calamine lotion on the rash. If the symptoms worsen then get it checked from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.