My brother has a sever skin condition.
i am not sure of what my brother has but he has all these red bumps, swells, i dont know.  i am a very concerned brother and he is very stubborn about going to the doctor to get it checked out so i am taking an initiative and asking on these forums for advice and help.  he says they itch a lot and thats about all he will say without having a tantrum.
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be due to erythema nodosum, lichen spinolosus, stasis ulcers or vasculitis. Erythema nodosum is an important possibility.It results in reddish, painful, tender lumps most commonly located in the front of the legs below the knees. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist as soon as possible for your brother and get it evaluated.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

well its not just on his legs.  its all over the his body.  from head to toe.  its on his scalp, back, arms and chest.  my father also has this condition.  could this be hereditary?  thanks for your answer.  hopefully this will narrow it down a little bit.