Dermatology Community
My face gets beat red after applying a moisturizer
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My face gets beat red after applying a moisturizer

Hello,

Every time I apply a moisturizer (after a shower or before bed) my face gets beat red, almost like I have sunburn on my face. I thought maybe it was a sensitivity to my moisturizer, so I switched to a different one. I have literally tried almost every moisturizer out there, even ones for sensitive skin and yet I still get the same result. The redness lasts for about an hour or more but then fades. does anyone know what this is and how I can prevent the redness?? It's annoying, especially because when I apply foundation, it looks darker on my face because of the redness.

THANKS!!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
It can be due to irritant contact dermatitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves.
If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
My face has gone bright red after using the boots essentals cucumber pot, but i dont know weather it is just for bodies afnd it feels like i have put my face i a bowl of boiled water.what do i do?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...