My legs will NOT stop itching...
I'm 24 years old this month, female, I live on the west coast where it's always mild and cool for the most part, and NOTHING I do will stop my legs from itching. I lived in the midwest for awhile and noticed my legs itched a lot more there with the humidity, but it didn't stop when I moved back home.

It's so bad it wakes me up a lot during the night. I will scratch until I am bleeding and bruised, I'll even take a pumice stone to my legs on really bad days and scratch with that, but then my legs burn for a few days although I'd rather have that pain than annoying itching.

Things that seem to trigger/affect it are showering (particularly hot showers - but i'm allergic to hot water, i get white bumps and red patches from it), sweating, dry weather or humid weather, being cold in the slightest, if my legs rest on top of eachother while i'm laying down, shaving (although sometimes it stops itching for the first day).

I've tried switching soaps, detergents etc all that, I generally avoid any perfumed items. I've tried not shaving, and it makes no difference. After a month of not shaving I was still itchy, just more hairy. Aveeno products seem to be the best for my legs.

Moisturizers seem to actually make it worse for the most part. The only one that seems to help is Cetaphil.

It itches most on the backs of my upper thighs and lower legs but once i start scratching it itches everywhere.

Other issues I have include vitiligo on my legs, pelvis, and lower back, I've been told that is due to the fact that I am iGA deficient, which also causes me to get sick a lot. I am extremely hypermobile and have chronic joint pain. I take medication for anxiety/panic attacks/depression and I have switched meds a few times, no change on the itchy legs with the switching.

Please make the itching stop, I'm going crazy here =(

This discussion is related to Itchy legs, no sign of rash or irritation.
I am so relieved to have found this sight and knowing I'm not the only one going crazy with itchy legs! Only difference is I'm in early 40's, not 20's, and mine is especially bad on uppers, not shins as much. Also scratch so bad at night I have bruises and bleeding.  I;ve been to derm. and tried all above. Diet does make the most sense, esp. sugar and coffee. Will try a cleanse as well. thanks, fellow scratchers!
I'm only 13 and am plagued with te SAME problem. I guess I'm allergic to hot water also, I get red patche on my neck, chest, knees, an thighs when I take a hot shower. I literally got out of one no more than 5 minutes ago. My legs then stared itch badly. I scratched and actually started to bleed. We have some Aveeno and after I applied it I felt MUCH better. It's Aveeno Extreme Care or something with 1% Hydroclorozone or something similar. It's a maroon and beige tube, and provides much needed relief. I'm going to try that salt bath (Cold water, of course :) and try to get rid of this once and for all.
Hello, mine is so bad that after scratching all over my entire body, I end up with welts and what seems to look like bad carpet rash, but not caused from a carpet!!
I itch every where, especially my inner thighs, hip & belly button and now i itch my boobs all over. I havent shaved for a couple a weeks. Shod I see a doctor? Its highly embarrassing now!
my shins,ONLY MY SHINS sometimes itch like a ************,  its like the itch is under my skin instead of on  the skin itself, ive been told by a doctor once, when this first happend, shortage of vitamins
I just had a TERRIBLE itch outbreak and it brought me to this page.  I was on my way to the gym and had to turn around in heavy traffic (and almost cause an accident) because the itching was so intense.  
The sulfate suggestion is what really stuck out to me since lotions don't seem to help at all.  To re-state what another guy said, it's most likely an allergy to sulfate.  Here is a list of foods that contain sulfate, and should be avoided http://allergies.about.com/od/foodallergies/a/sulfites.htm
One thing I did that seemed to help was putting bags of frozen vegetables (or any frozen items from your freezer) directly on the itching area.  I learned this trick from the movie Big Daddy and it actually worked for me.  However, I don't always have frozen vegetables near by so my main suggestion would be to avoid large amounts of foods that contain sulfate.
When you bathe, try soaking for a few minutes in luke warm water with corn starch, then rinse well with cool water, pat dry gently. When you launder your towels, put them thru a second rinse and don't put fabric softener on your laundry as anything with perfume is irritating. For the dryness try vitamin e, plain vitamin E either break open the liquid capsule or the health food store may have it in a bottle, not a "vitamin E cream" that has perfume and heaven knows what else in it, warning it is greasy probably want to use it at night not to take a chance of staining good clothing.  They used to make a cream called "Shephards", very very expensive but did not need a prescription, the pharmacy may be able to find it for you. I was a hairdresser for 20+ years and that was the only thing that would help my hands after long days of shampoo and perm chemicals. Good luck.
Have you ever considered taking a skin care vitamin that strengthens your condition instead of putting a bandaid on it.  I suffer from extreme itching as well but I use pure olive oil or maracuja oil on the affected areas and take a skin and hair vitamin that boosts the health of this area.  I have noticed quite a difference!!  Lotions are a quick fix but oil will hydrate.  I live in a cold climate and this is the only solution I have found instead of using a damaging prescription.

I've solved my itchy leg problem!

I'm 65 and fortunate to have very good health apart from agonising itching on my lower legs for the last few years, mostly at night but occasionally during the day too, and I'd HAVE to scratch my legs raw, even though it hurt, otherwise I'd never sleep. I've eaten healthily and avoided chemicals as much as possible for a long time, but assumed I had some sort of allergy so carefully monitored my diet etc. I could sometimes go for quite long periods without itching, without really knowing why. Then a few months ago when it returned with a vengeance I realised it was a winter thing, which made me wonder if I was deficient in vitamin D. I started taking 500iu of D3 and noticed a huge improvement, so I knew I was on the right track.

Hooray for the Internet! I did lots of research on vitamin D3 from both sunshine and supplements and discovered that there is an epidemic of vitamin D deficiency, causing large numbers of diseases, including allergies, and that it is safe to take large doses if it cannot be obtained naturally from sunshine. (Sunscreen blocks the beneficial rays that produce vitamin D on our skin, and for much of the year, depending on where you live, the sun is loo low for those good rays to reach us anyway.) It is highly recommended to get your D3 levels tested to see if you are deficient.

I increased the supplement for a few weeks, and added vitamin K, and am thrilled to report that I am completely itch-free and my previously scabby and scarred legs have healed. It's a very wet Spring here in the UK and I can't wait to get my D3 naturally from the sunshine. But I will definitely be taking supplements again next winter.

I really hope this helps others who are suffering like I did, but please do your own research on the benefits and dangers of sunbathing and supplementing with vitamin D. There's masses of information out there. Good luck!

I've had this problem for over 30 years.

I was told it was stress or sensitivity to chemicals. during my school exams I even given valium as they thought it was just stress. I always new it wasn't.

I've discovered that I  cannot use most washing powders or fabric conditioners. I buy washing powders from health food shops now which has improved things significantly.

I am also sensitive to the chemicals in tap water, the levels of which fluctuate depending on their times of putting in chemical cleansers etc. A shower filter has made a huge differnce to me.

I now use a handful or two of organic apple cider vinegar to wipe my legs with when I occasionnally get itchy legs, and stroke them gently. It takes about 15 mins approx to pass and I can't have anyone near me as I need space to try to help myself relax, including deep slow breathing. I can usually can pin the itching down to sweat, humidity, wearing clothes that aren't cotton on my legs or showering without a filter.

I don't use soap on my legs. I also try to keep them moisturised with Extra virgin olive oil (ordinary olive oil has been chemically extracted) or 100% coconut oil.

I also recommend research into candida and how it can effect the skin. Reducing (or preferably eliminating) sugar in the diet is helpful, as is eating as many fresh and preferably organic fruits and vegetables as you can. A healthy diet and drinking plenty of filtered water is essential for long term skin health. Vitamin E and fresh aloe vera is also great. Buy a plant- great natural skin healer- although the skin shows no signs of aggrivation you still need to look after your skin.

Good luck. Please copy and paste this info on to anyone else you think may benefit from my years of trial and error at sorting this problem out.
put a light layer of Vick's Vapo Rub for immediate - long lasting relief from the itch. It works....when you can't do benadryl
Benadryl works!  I've read all of the posts, and haven't found any mention of Benadryl.  Before Benadryl I would scratch my legs at night until they were raw and bloody.  I took the max dosage of Benadryl and in a short while the itching stopped.  One cautionary note.  It will make you sleepy, but if you take it at night that might be a blessing.  Don't take my word for it. Go ahead and google "Benadryl and itching."  So many people sing its praises. Benadryl  is a gift of the Gods.....
omg i have the same problem, i thought i was the only one. my legs will itch so bad ill take anything sharp to scratch all over :( it will leave me scratchs, bumps, its awful its hard to control. !!!!
I started out with itchy thighs and butt cheeks..  I had an allergic reaction to laundry detergent when I was younger and this is what it felt like..  I had remembered I used a new fabric softener shortly before the itching started..  so I washed all my clothes again with scent free detergent twice and I am still itchy weeks later.  I am constantly taking benedryl and slathering on hydrocortozone cream..  I just broke down and sprayed lidocane sunburn spray on top of it hoping it would numb the skin.  Its ridiculous.. I have NO rash, NO bumps, nothin aside from this itch which has moved its way up my sides and on my belly from my thighs and buttocks..  I called my Dr and they said to take Benedryl..  and if it doesnt work then to come in..but I dont have insurance right now..    its driving me nuts... wakes me up at night..  I itch myself so badly I broke an acrylic nail right off my finger..  I dont know what to do!!  Its horrible!!
I am going through this myself and have been researching online for an answer.  My Dr. just recommended benadryl but I believe that my problem is candida yeast.  I told the nurse that I wanted him to prescribe an antifungal med to get rid of the yeast and some cortizone cream for the itching.  I am waiting for a return call right now.

Some of the causes of the itching might also be:  allergy to metal (razor blades), gluten allergy, too much iodine in your body, and/or diabetes (high blood sugar feeds candida yeast) side affect.
I had the same thing for years and recently found out what it is.  My body has become intollerant to ANY form of Sulfites.  Its in tons of pre-packaged foods, including frozen food, medication...even wine.  The worst for me is dried fruit, wine and anything with lemon juice or vinegar.  As long as I don't eat anything with sulfates I don't itch.  Try it! :)  hope it helps...
Make sure its not scabies,thats how a friend of mine started, then everyone around got it, because drs. kept saying its not a bug its allergies. even if a dr. cant scape ur skin they can prescribe cream or pills. just to be on the safe side, but then u also have to clean everything.
I am going insane my legs are so itchy, ice packs help because my skin feels like it's on fire. But  I will try some of the this I have read on here for sure, thanx everyone!!!
I've had this problem for what seems like forever! I'm eighteen by the way. All lotions burn and make me want to cry but celiphil does help a little. What helps the most and may take away itching for a while is by taking a shower. The. Once you shower do NOT dry yourself and put on Coconut oil right away. Strait from the bottle. It wil feel weird but just do it! It will soak in and make them feel better! It's the only thing that truly works.  I've tried so many home remedies and none worked. Defiantly try the coconut oil!
I had the same thing a year ago. Intense itching on my shins, then it spread to calves, ankles..no rash, no redness except from me scratching. It was driving me crazy. The only temporary relief was to put Selsun Blue(I used CVS brand) on them and leave it on for 20 or 30 minutes. Then when I got in the shower to rinse it off(cold h20) they would immediately start itching! Finally, I went to a holistic doctor. I found out I had parasites. I took an herbal supplement that he prescribed, and my itching faded away. I would say that since last Fall, I've had itching on my legs 4-5 times. BUT it has lasted maybe 5 minutes, and less intense! And it's usually when I'm having some colon issues. I strongly suggest you see a holistic doctor. Mine is a chiropractor that is also into holistic health. Good luck to all!
Holy cow!! You are absolutely right!  My upper thighs have been itching for eight months now and I haven't been able to figure out why!  But after reading your post the lightbulb went off!  Eight months ago I was diagnosed with iron-deficienct-anemia and was placed on 650mg of iron pills a day.  The scientific name for iron pills ----------  ferrous sulfate!!!! Thank you!!  Gotta start eating more red meat and spinach and get off these pills!!
I have the same issue and so does my boyfriend, every night........ we have treated for everything.Even got vynil sheets and brand new blankets.Still itchy. Yes it looks like insect bites, but I have never found any kind of bug, its been a year now, treated for invisible dust mites, body lice, scabies, even tried the salts and and bleach in case of bacterial infection. Still itchy, I wash my blankets everyday, even tried different soaps, nothing. I have a baby on the way due in July, please help before baby has to suffer too. I dont know what to do. I am crying and hopeless . Please help
I know this is an old thread but I suffered the same things on my lower legs and nothing would clear it. It seemed to then spread to my thighs and hips. It was unbearable. Id been to the GP, chemist, health food shops and dermatologist to no avail. I then went and got Laser Hair removal done on my lower legs and since its been done I haven'rt had a single itch. The girl doing the laser treatment said my hair was growing back at an odd angle every time I shaved and it was causing the irritation and I made it worse by scratching. The relief when I got it done was unreal. That's what worked for me, if I hadn't gotten it done Id still be scalding myself in the shower for relief
I am in my forties also and it is mostly the back of my thighs!  I swear it is going to drive me insane!  I soooo don't know what to do!  It just showed up one day and has been killing me ever since!
So, I've read most of the comments and would like to add my own. I searched this because I'm suffering as well. It's only been a few months, but I had this last summer on the shins, but only briefly. Would scratch until I bled, but passed with the changing of seasons. Summer came again and it came back, only now the hot summer is over and I still have it, but much worse. I dig into my legs until I bleed and it spreads from the shins to the ankles, and sometimes thighs.
I have no answer, but the sulfite/sulfate allergy doesn't seem to fit in my case. Someone else suggested a vitamin D3/K deficiency, but I'm not sure about that.
Someone else suggested researching Candida, which struck a cord. I'm a 26/f and have been suffering from chronic yeast infections (sorry, gross). I went to a doctor and was STD free, so we really couldn't figure out what was causing it bc I was doing everything in a way that's meant to avoid a yeast infection.
But, I was at the dentist as well because my tongue seemed to be discolored (kind of yellow) and he told me it wasn't dental, it could be a bacteria and I should see a dr. The doctor couldn't really offer insight, but it's kind of coming together if it's a Candida-related issue. Yeast is obviously candida related, as can be bacteria on the tongue. I also read that probiotics can help eczema.
I started a 13 billion CFU/day probiotic regimen last week, to no avail, but we'll see if it helps.
Also, drinking enough water is probably a good simple remedy, too.
Also someone mentioned make sure your fingernails are clean. If you are going to scratch and break skin, it's probably better to not do it with dirty hands (or foreign objects i.e. hair brushes, or beer caps if you're me).
You hit the nail on the head.  In Florida the day the seasons change from summer to fall, almost to the minute my legs start to itch.  Then when spring hits summer the itching goes away.  Thank god for two things and I am not being religious here.  

One, in Florida although summer officially hits in June, it feels like summer March, so my legs stop itching.
Two, since I brush my dogs hair every day, I had to find a brush that would not hurt their skin since I usually brush stroke each dog about eight hundred times to get their hair to shine without hurting their skin from the amount of brushing.  That brush and I am not condoning scratching that itch, however, that brush has little hard plastic dimples on the end of each bristle and now in addition to brushing their hair with it I take it to bed with me and when I wake up in the morning I do not have any sores on my legs.

I can constantly scratch without even thinking or getting up out of a complete sleep with this brush and there is no damage to my skin let alone the type of damage I used to inflict on myself with my fingernails.   My thinking is if I am going to scratch then I do not want any other complications to breaking the skin.

What kind of sea salt did you use?
What brand of sea salt did you use??
Thank you....I've recently fallen off my gluten free diet and started this nasty itching.  I didn't have it while not eating it.  Your awesome!  Thanks again
I have noticed insatiable itching from waist down for a couple of years, mostly in upper portion of this area. My remedy was found by accident. I forgot to take my "Bone Care" supplement for a few days and noticed relief so I conducted a couple of follow-up test runs by taking supplements for several day, (condition returned), refrained from taking supplement for a few days, (condition not experienced). I have now been condition free for several weeks after having eliminated the supplement from my regimen. Blessings, timelylight
Did you get an answer on whether it is the calcium supplement causing your itching.  I just found out my blood calcium is high, I am taking calcium for osteoporosis but every time I take calcium for more than 2 weeks I start to itch and burn on my arms and legs and now my face.  Did a Dr confirm any diagnosis to explain why you cannot take it.  I am also lactose intolerance so I cannot eat dairy (which there might be a connection).  Thanks, I am also thinking that I am gluten intolerant but not sure if it was calcium supplement or gluten as I have stopped both and things seem to be improving very slowly.
I'm 11 I have really itchy legs , and whenever I scratch my legs they feel sore I always have an itch on the thighs or on the side of my legs and every movement I make it happens ... What should I do ???
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chronic-hives/basics/definition/con-20031634

Chronic Urticaria is relieved with prescription strength Zyrtec....really does work.

I'm inclined to take the sulfate out of the diet cuz it's been about a year now....yeah, the burning in the shower feels orgasmic(and yeah, I've grown to love it), but it's not a cure and going swimming or being under a fluorescent light, you can see where the follicles are a bit pissed from the itching, the shower burning...jeesh, probably infected.

I'll keep ya posted - gonna try this tomorrow.  I did just get out of the shower....my nerves are still numb so I'm calm.
Good luck
I'm 14 and have the same exact problem. I've learned that olive oil helps with the itching but my legs are left with dark spots all over from where I have scratch. Is there anyway to get rid of these spots or will they eventually fade away?
Good tips! I have also found that salt baths and swimming in the sea everyday really helps. Urine also helps calm itchy or burning skin - also bee stings, stingray and scorpion stings. Urine also helps! That's why the Eleucerin cream with Urea has helped a lot of people.

Salt cures warts. Vinegar soothes skin. Eating a very calming diet without stimulants or sugars helps purify, calm and cool the blood.

My intuition says that this is a problem caused by an internal imbalance, exacerbated by stress and a toxic diet, sensitivity to cold and dry, and possibly yeast or bacterial imbalance on the surface of the skin. I believe it can be cured by a lifestyle change: diet, environment, exercise, and detox.

Certain essential oils (lavender, chamomile, tea tree) and Grapefruit Seed Extract mixed with olive oil and massaged into the skin could also help provide temporary relief. Instead of scratching, try a salt scrub or a baking soda scrub. Avoid sugars, pesticides, toxic detergents, fabric softeners, etc.
Good tips!
Great Post Chad!!! I totally agree. I'm also allergic to SULFITES. Can't drink wine. Grew up on a river downstream from vineyards. Drinking the water out of the river after they'd cropdust the grapes is my intuitive hit on why I cannot drink wine at all now. There are multiple causes for itchy skin, but you are right...sulfates suck!
Aiene,

Have you found anything that works?  Your description sounds exactly like what I have.  It doesnt have any marks or bumps and unlike the others I dont scratch them at all bcs I feel it will make it worse.  My legs dont itch at all when they are not touching something (pants, bed).  I dont know if I would  really describe it as itching but it feels like when you touch the pink insulation that insulates the house.  Does this make sense to anyone?  Taking a shower definitly makes it worse if it is a hot shower so I have to take cold showers even in the winter.  Does anyone have any ideas for me?
i've tried this after every shower. makes me want to itch more. :(
Thanks for sharing all. I think I am going to try cutting my soda intake and Epsom salt  baths.

I don't think sulfites are my problem because I rarely eat any of the foods on the high sulfites list.

I did notice it seems hereditary. My mom has a similar condition.

The first time I remember being really ichy was around 16. I am 34 now. As I get older it does seem to be getting progressively worse which is one the reasons I am on this site looking for more information.

I itch after showers or if I sweat at night. It will go away in about 30 min usually after a shower if I do not itch the aggravated area. If I itch it will take much much longer to go away. Patting down with a towel or rubbing my legs gently seems to be a much better option to distract myself from itching without aggravating it further.

Moisture seems to be the most common trigger, but sometimes temperature changes can bring on the itch.

The front part of thighs is usually my itchy area. It is less common, but sometimes I wake up and my back is itchy. Almost always the back itch is due to waking up sweating at night.

One of the things I have found that seems to help stop itching is using Curel Itch defense lotion after showers. At first it may make the area more itchy, but I noticed after using a few times that the itchy area is usually less aggravated the next time I take a shower.

If the itch gets really bad I can get relief usually in about 5 min by using a combination of lotion and baby powder. I put on the lotion to the ichy area and then applying good amounts of baby powder over the lotion.
The baby powder I think helps to soak up the moisture.

At night I also noticed doing things to keep myself from sweating helps to prevent itching. I try to sleep with layers of thin covers. This allows me to remove or add covers as necessary. It is important for me to keep my temperature at a level where I won't be too hot or too cold (sometimes my legs itch when cooling down).

A fan blowing a slight breeze can also help to keep dry.You have to be careful with blowing the fan on you at night though. I do, sometime do this, but it can make you sick if the breeze is too strong or too cold. ( I discovered never blow a fan on you at night if you are already sick. It will almost always make you more ill.)

Hope some of this info helps.

I just put cold water on my legs and sit down and bent my legs for at least 10 muinets. And when they itched I just ignored it. Now my legs don't itch!!!
I've never been a soda drinker, only drink water and milk, and have had unbelievably itchy shins. My gyn told me it's something to do with peri-meonpause. Weird, but nothing seems to alleviate it - and I'm a no-soda, no-processed foods person, no allergies, so it's hard to imagine it's food related. I'm starting to believe my dr., though I didn't want to!
I have same issue Dr can't find exact reason of my itchiness. Front of my lower leg is mainly affected of my itchiness. None of lotion or cream works I'm 50 year old woman btw :(
my friends have always always always commented me on my legs especially in the summer time.  Not that I have long sexy super model legs (at all), but they always say "your legs are so shiny and supple looking"...........well, it's because I use the Somaluxe Organic Firming Lotion.  There is NOT a better product on the market, if you want your skin moisturized and toned.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Somaluxe lotion - it really makes your skin look and feel beautiful.
Not sure about your condition but I had a similar condition myself. My legs would itch for "no reason" and seemed to have no particular trigger. I visited "the best" skin doctors in my area and no one seemed to figured it out. Fast forward to about two years later I realized I had a zinc deficiency in my body and began taking zinc supplements (25mg per day). A few days after commencing on my zinc supplements the itch almost magically stopped. It was the best feeling I'd gotten in a long time. And I realized a few weeks after stopping my zinc intake, the itching is now returning. I'm no scientist but I doubt this unfolding of events is just a coincidence. Plan to resume my zinc intake and will update if there is any improvement. Good luck.
I have same problem. It wasnt eczema, psoriasis in normal sense or an allergy. I have to use hydroxizine to stop it. It is a type 2 antihistamine blocker and tranquilizer. I take it 20 min before a shower. Mine is worse when I am stressed. It is related to central nervous system. Basically I get moisture on skin from shower or humidity and my nervous system sends wrong signals to brain that I itch instead of that I have goose bumps or moisture on skin. Doctor said could be either aquagenic psoriasis or aquagenic utecaria ... forgive me if spelling on those is wrong. Hydroxizine blocks the type 2 histamine receptors which is different from normal allergy pill or benedryl. It saved my sanity. I don't have to take it all the time just when its acting up.
Thank you!  I have the "crazy itch" too!  I go out of my mind after a shower.  Stress does seem to make it worse.  It's definitely nerves.   The only thing I found that works is to to run cold water on my legs.  I literally stand in shower half dressed and m put one leg forward at a time.  I'm going to start taking zinc (previous blogger mentioned) and tak to dermatologist about hydroxide.  Thank you!  Seriously guys - try the cold shower.  It took me years to figure out - life/sanity saver!!!
Hi,though the post is old,yet can't resist putting my answer.I have had some what similar problem.Recently I tried taking an antacid when itching started..n it worked.I suffered for many years ,consulted doctor n tried so many things.In my case it turned out to be acidity.Its more after intake of acidic foods or some medicines causing acidity as a side effect.
Hello Arlene, I was amazed to read of your symptoms as just last night, for the first time, I suffered exactly what you described. And I think I know what might have been the cause. I'm British, so drink coffee rarely but three days ago I bought a new coffee maker that extracts ALL the flavor from freshly roasted, ground coffee beans. The first night I noted that I was visiting the bathroom rather often and was aware that things didn't seem to smell quite right...
Next day, more coffee, stronger smell and more visits. Last night, took my coffee at 8pm. By 10pm my right leg began to itch. My wife noted that I"d developed a corpse like pallor. Tried to go to bed but by this time the leg had begun to swell, erupt in tiny red spots and was itching with such intensity I began to scratch from thigh to toes with my finger nails.
The symptoms gradually subsided within 3 or 4 hours and next morning I was pale but felt OK. I've stuck to tea since then and the smelly visits to the toilet are less frequent.

This has got to be the coffee. As a Britisher tea drinker I was a perfect subject for an experiment to see the effects of a high caffeine dose. I'm sticking to weak tea.

Hope this helps.

i got excatly same stuff i itch them raw and usually worse wear my socks go up on my calf but thighs get it to what causes this feels so good to itch sometimes tops of my legs feel numb i to live in midwest plz help if find out any info about this Thank you
I know it is an old post, i am just glad I am not crazy! That others do suffer from this
I am 32 and live in kansas, but I'm from Cali. I have the same problem and it feels so GOOD to scratch them. Mine are my shine,back of my thigh and front and back ankle and sometimes my caff of my leg. I have scars from scratch and sore. I don't know what to do.